Sunday, August 22, 2010

First post with one of the first models I painted...

Here's a few images of one of the first models I painted for my army, the Tau Hammerhead Tank.  The army is a sand dune desert themed army.   I used Army Painter Skeleton Bone spray paint to lay down the foundation and used Bestial Brown for the brown sections.  


















For the dark, neutral colors I used Chaos Black and then highlighted with Codex Grey.  Because the rest of the model is mostly warm hues these neutral areas tend to look cooler or bluer. 



















Any areas of the model that seemed to be "antenna" or "scanner" looking I painted gold.  Most lights and hatches were based with Blood Red and highlighted with White and Orange and the dark areas are a Scab Red.  Comments are welcome!
Ion Cannon Varient


No comments:

Post a Comment